Published numerous articles on a wide range of international development topics throughout my career. See a sampling below:
- "Brazil’s Virtuous Alliance: How the Grassroots and the Government Joined Forces against AIDS" Grassroots Development Journal, Inter-American Foundation, Vol.34, 2013, pp. 40-47.
- “In Memoriam: Ruth Cardoso, Anthropologist, First Lady, Social Reformer” Grassroots Development Journal, Inter-American Foundation, Vol.30/1, 2009, p. 74.
- “From Confrontation to Collaboration: Civil Society–Government–World Bank Relations in Brazil”, Social Development in Brazil Colloquium, Bildner Center for Western Hemisphere Studies City University of New York, New York – April 9, 2002, pp. 1-30.
- “Government Social Funds in Brazil Bolster Civil Society Grassroots Initiatives” Thinking Out Loud: Innovative Case Studies on Participatory Instruments, World Bank, 2001, pp.1-11.
- “Government and Civil Society in the Fight Against HIV and AIDS in Brazil” Academic Case Study co-authored with Anabela Abreu for Austral University’s Business School, World Bank and IESE, 2000, pp. 1-9
- “The Challenges of Promoting Participatory Development in the Amazon” Thinking Out Loud: Innovative Case Studies on Participatory Instruments, Co-authored with Teresa Aparicio, World Bank, Fall 1999, pp.1-11.
- "O Banco Mundial e a Participação Popular", Boletim Trimestral do Programa Piloto para a Proteção das Florestas Tropicais do Brasil, Banco Mundial, Volume 4, Numero 2, Abril de 1996.
- "Harvesting the Bounty of Citizenship: The Fight Against Hunger and Poverty in Brazil" Grassroots Development Journal, Inter-American Foundation, Vol.19/2, 1995, pp. 38-48.
- "Enlisting the Power of Citizenship to Fight Poverty" Grassroots Development Journal, Inter-American Foundation, Vol.19/2, 1995, pp. 49-50.
- "UNCED and the Greening of Brazilian NGOs" Grassroots Development Journal, Inter-American Foundation, Vol. 17/1, 1993, pp. 2-11.
Published shorter articles on a variety of social development and civil society issues in the following magazines and bulletins: Christianity & Crisis; New World Outlook; America; and Oxfam’s Development in Practice.